Latgale is called the “Land of blue lakes” because of the large number of lakes in the area of various sizes.
Here is the second-largest (number of inhabitants) city of Latvia – Daugavpils, where is a museum of the famous American expressionist painter Mark Rothko.
Latgale is a popular countryside holiday region because of the beautiful nature, forests and many scenic spots near the water.
In Latgale region you will also see, hear, remember:
– Historical places, squares, parks, sculpture garden and the center of Russian culture in Daugavpils, local history and art Museum, as well as churches of different Christian denominations: Catholic, Orthodox, Lutheran, Old Believer;
– “Dinaburg Fortress” – the symbol of the city of Daugavpils, which now houses the art center of Mark Rothko;
– Overnight stay in camping or hotel at the sight of lake or river;
– Jewish town in Latgale: Synagogue in Daugavpils, as well as the site of the old Jewish settlements in Kraslava, Dagda, Rezekne;
– Castle of the Counts Plater in Kraslava city, Museum of Bread in Aglona, Aglona Catholic church, Private War Museum in Aglona and other museums in Latgale.
Agency “Riga With Us” happy to arrange for you:
– Transfer to the hotel in Latgale or the airport;
– Individual sightseeing tour programm;
– Main sight visit in Latgale;
– Guide service on the language that you understand.
Contact “Riga With Us” – call us or write an E-mail, ask questions and book an impressive tour.